Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer

Where has the summer gone? It's hard to believe that it's already the 8th (I think) of August. We've had a fun time.......lots of pool time, Newport Beach with Christopher (almost 15) and Charlotte (9), family time in Bakersfield. There have been challenging times too - our annual budget work session. Everyone is going to be struggling a bit this coming year, including the City of Euless. Our staff did a great job on stretching all our dollars and planning contingencies for the coming years.


We're home for about a month and a half, then it's off to Hawaii ~ my favorite place on earth. This year we will be going to the big island for the first week followed by a week at Ko O'lina. It always feels like we're coming home when we arrive at Ko O'lina. Growth changes it a little bit each year but never so much that it ruins the ambience.


I've been spending more time on Facebook because it truly is fun to catch up with old friends, young friends, family and former co-workers! Thanks to all who take the time to blog and post on Facebook. Audrey Her wins my award for most gifted blogger. She has such a talent for writing. I truly appreciate her health tips and the smiles she always puts on my face. Thanks Audrey!


Well I guess I need to go and finish up my laundry.....hope Monday starts a great week for everyone!

No comments: