Friday, February 13, 2009

Lots happening...


Lots has happened in the last few days! Don had major dental surgery resulting in our being confined at home for a bit. (He is the miraculous recoverer ... the last major surgery he was told he'd be in the hospital for about 3 days.. YIKES ..I was taking him home less than 24 hours after surgery.) Once again, this surgery involved lots of meds and pampering. Unfortunately Don was the recipient of both but that's ok, as Gloria Gaynor says "I will survive". Today we celebrated a belated birthday for my friend, Faye, with lunch at Texas Star. Faye, Jerrie and I had a great visit.

We heard about the tornado in Kapolei, Hawaii, which is very close to KoOlina (our vacation paradise). It was great to hear that our dear friends Xee, Audrey and Princess Phoebe are all fine and unaffected!

Our weather has been unbelievable...mostly in the mid-70s with lots of sunshine. I am a connoisseur of sunsets and we had one tonight that (almost) rivals my Hawaii sunsets. This photo truly does not do it justice. My photography skills need work!

Last note--hope everything is spelled correctly. I haven't figured out where the spell-check on this darn site yet!!!!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Linda, I didn't even know about the tornado while it was happening. I was in CA and very busy...guess Xee forgot to mention it?