Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What good is a blog.........

What good is a blog if you don't blog!?!?! I asked myself that and decided if I was going to have a blog, I better blog! Euless is sponsoring the DFW Meet the R&R Troops flight this week. I went this morning and it is always heartwarming (and heartbreaking). Most of our troops are babies...they are so appreciative of the people meeting them. One young man looked each of us in the eye and said "wow - this is so great - thank you" while we were trying to thank them for their service. Another young man hugged each and every one of us. A third handed out the military flag patches they all have on their sleeves saying, "remember, this has been to Afghanistan". Makes one feels truly humbled and grateful for our freedoms and all the people who defend them. God Bless America!



Life has been pretty busy the last few weeks (ok, it's been over a month since I blogged) but I've had fun. California the middle of January was incredible. I spent time with my fabulous sister and her husband, Chef Charlie, my niece and her husband, Zane, and OF COURSE, my California kids, Christopher (14) and Charlotte (8). We went to movies, ate ice-cream and laughed...a lot!!!



My life is blessed and I really should blog more often just to say thank you to the Lord for all of my blessings. My God, my husband, my family, my friends and my life in general!

No comments: